Tuesday 11 September 2012

Remembering the 9/11 Fallen

As a serviceman of West Midlands Fire Service and not just the CEO of the business. My greatest passion is towards the Fire Service. Helping people is my passion. Just as it was for the 343 fire fighters of the FDNY 11 years ago on this day. Fire fighters from across New York rushed to Ground Zero to establish what was going on and what needed to be done. Each and every one of the 343 that passed all had a purpose. Whether it was instructed from a chief or their own according. They each were working to evacuate and empty the crippled towers. Its very rare to find people who can look at a 100+ story building that is on fire and have the courage to still keep calm, kit up and get in there. Truth is, half of them would have most likely processed the thought of that they may well not come out of the building. Firefighters as they were, they mentally switched into a different chain of thoughts. Seconding their own lives, they entered to then be faced with cries of help from the top floors from those trapped by fire or smoke. In my primes of life more ambitious than ever to start my career within the Fire Service as well as my business, continuing the fallen brothers legacy is my motivation. People need someone to call for when they need help. Someone who  would race to their aid. Well that's what a fire fighter does. That's what the 343 FDNY and neighboring cities and towns did. To those, I salute and hold my head high knowing what you did would have been for the greater good. I personally will never forget and not a year goes by that I don't shed a tear for ALL of the victims of 9/11. I hope we can all take what has happened and find a shed of light to celebrate the lives of the fallen. You are the bravest of the brave as are all of the first responders of that day. America, you stand tall in your pride. Thank you for all of your efforts to this day. For me, they are never forgotten and will never be.

No comments:

Post a Comment